The treadmill is an fantastic piece of equipment for any home gym, allowing you to exercise without having to cope with the cold or to visit a fitness center, and a folding treadmill means they don’t need to take over your home. Here’s how to choose the best folding treadmill that suits your space and workout routine.
Types of Treadmills
There are different types of treadmills.
- Manual treadmill : The most affordable treadmill is the manual treadmill. It has no electrical or motorized parts. The belt is therefore powered by your movement so that the treadmill slows down or accelerates according to your speed.
- Motorised Treadmill: this treadmill is the most common and has an electric motor that drives the belt while you’re running or walking. A motorized treadmill offers a variety of features such as tilt and programmable drives. But it is also bulkier and it is the most expensive.
A folding treadmill is often a smaller motorised treadmill that folds for easy storage and space-saving. Because they are usually more compact and lightweight, a folding treadmill may not have all of the features of the more traditional motorised treadmills.
Common characteristics of treadmills
Many treadmills are versy reasonably priced, and you can often save even more by only going for the features that you will really use. Here are some of the most useful features:
- Console : the console must have an illuminated, easy-to-read display and intuitive controls that allow you to change your workout easily and quickly;
- The inclines : the treadmill can be adjusted to simulate a climb to vary your training;
- Programming : Some treadmills have pre-programmed training routines, but several models allow you to create your own program to meet your personal needs;
- Electronic components : A growing number of treadmills are equipped with docking stations, loudspeakers and even television screens that will help you stay motivated during exercise;
- The Safety Lanyard: A safety lanyard attached to your waist automatically turns off your treadmill when you step off.
Factors to consider when buying a fold away treadmill
Before buying a treadmill, it is important to consider a few key factors.
The best motor will depend on the weight of the user and their objectives. Heavier users and runners will need a higher power motor than that required for lighter users or those who only want to use it for walking.
Dimensions are also important. The length of your treadmill , or the size of the frame, depends on your training sessions. Fast running requires a larger treadmill, while walking is fine on a shorter framed model. In all cases, the treadmill must be provided with adequate space that allow you to safely get off safely and easily.
Guarantees and Warranties are worth checking. The best treadmills are backed by warranties on parts and labor. Make sure that your treadmill warranty covers defects and possible repairs.
If you’re just starting out, we recommend you always consult a health care practitioner before starting an intensive training program.
A healthy lifestyle involves eating well, getting enough sleep and getting plenty of exercise. The treadmill is a great way to train yourself without having to leave the house. In addition, a folding treadmill that suits your space and training needs will allow you to exercise whenever you need it.
Why not take a look at some of our special offers on folding treadmills.